Why do we need a Public-Private partnership?
Giving patients a voice in drug development
What is a patient preference?
Whose preferences are we collecting?
News from the PREFER project
- Patient preferences in HTA: ISPOR Europe 2018 Issue Panel 2018-11-19
- PREFER: first two years 2018-11-12
- PREFER poster wins prize at IMI 10th Anniversary Scientific Symposium 2018-11-01
- PREFER celebrates 2 years at annual meeting #PREFER2years 2018-10-24
- Factors influencing the value of patient preference studies 2018-09-26
Coming soon: Clinical case studies
PREFER is planning patient preference studies in three disease areas where patients and clinical research partners already provide expertise: cancer, rheumatoid arthritis and neuromuscular disorders. Further on, both academic and industry partners will add more patient preference studies studies that will help us cover different disease areas, methods and research questions.
PREFER on Twitter
- RT @EllokGr: #Patient perspective inclusion vital in all medical Research & particularly in drug development @IMI_PREFER aims to assess whe… 2018-11-19 08:18
- Want to learn more about our work? Sign up to the PREFER newsletter for regular updates! 👉https://t.co/RBAToAgQbS… https://t.co/8ZWGoVM0TI 2018-11-14 14:12
We are developing evidence-based recommendations to guide industry, regulatory authorities, HTA bodies, reimbursement agencies, and health care professionals. We start with work to assess methodologies. After that, we test them in clinical case studies. This work will be the basis for the recommendations we make.
Together with stakeholders
PREFER is a public-private partnership with collaboration at every level, making sure we get more than one perspective on everything we do. We have stakeholder partners from Health Technology Assessment bodies and patient organisations. We are also working closely with regulators to ensure recommendations are evidence based, relevant and useful.
Finding out what patients prefer
Patient Preferences in Benefit-Risk Assessments during the Drug Life Cycle (PREFER) is a five year public-private research project where academic researchers, HTA, patient organisations, and the pharmaceutical industry work together to find out when and where patients want, can, and should be involved in drug development.
We are looking forward to sharing our findings with you!
Mats G. Hansson, Uppsala University, Coordinator
Conny Berlin, Novartis, Project Leader
Innovative Medicines Initiative
PREFER is funded by the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI): a part of the EU Horizon 2020 Programme.
The academic research in PREFER is funded by Horizon 2020: the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.
The pharmaceutical industry contributes equally to the PREFER project. Industry input to the IMI programme is organised by EFPIA.