Why do we need a Public-Private partnership?
Giving patients a voice in drug development
What is a patient preference?
Whose preferences are we collecting?
News from the PREFER project
- FDA issues draft guidance on Patient-Focused Drug Development 2018-06-15
- PREFER stakeholder feedback session at DIA Europe 2018-06-04
- What Parkinson's patients want from treatment 2018-05-30
- Identifying methods and criteria for testing 2018-05-17
- Planning for patient preference studies begins 2018-05-14
- PREFER: the first year 2018-05-08
- Watch PREFER on YouTube 2018-02-21
PREFER on twitter
- Happy to read FDA statement on agency efforts to advance the patient voice in medical product development and FDA regulatory decision-making https://bit.ly/2sSjSul and draft guidance on patient-focused drug development https://bit.ly/2sY1Jez @imi_paradigm @IMI_JU 2018-06-14 10:21
- Happy to be part of what's next in patient engagement https://bit.ly/2K4YZps together with @imi_paradigm and other initiatives @BLopezKunzDIA @ClinicalLeader1 #patientengagementpic.twitter.com/2x4dcLKhUr 2018-06-21 10:31
We are developing evidence-based recommendations to guide industry, regulatory authorities, HTA bodies, reimbursement agencies, and health care professionals. We start with work to assess methodologies. After that, we test them in clinical case studies. This work will be the basis for the recommendations we make.
Together with stakeholders
PREFER is a public-private partnership with collaboration at every level, making sure we get more than one perspective on everything we do. We have stakeholder partners from Health Technology Assessment bodies and patient organisations. We are also working closely with regulators to ensure recommendations are evidence based, relevant and useful.
Finding out what patients prefer
Patient Preferences in Benefit-Risk Assessments during the Drug Life Cycle (PREFER) is a five year public-private research project where academic researchers, HTA, patient organisations, and the pharmaceutical industry work together to find out when and where patients want, can, and should be involved in drug development.
We are looking forward to sharing our findings with you!
Mats G. Hansson, Uppsala University, Coordinator
Conny Berlin, Novartis, Project Leader
Innovative Medicines Initiative
PREFER is funded by the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI): a part of the EU Horizon 2020 Programme.
The academic research in PREFER is funded by Horizon 2020: the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.
The pharmaceutical industry contributes equally to the PREFER project. Industry input to the IMI programme is organised by EFPIA.