Why do we need a Public-Private partnership?
Giving patients a voice in drug development
What is a patient preference?
Whose preferences are we collecting?
News from the PREFER project
- PREFER: Open science, open access 2018-09-20
- PARADIGM and PREFER connect to make patient engagement in medicines R&D a greater reality 2018-09-12
- From the lab to you: How do medicines get approved? 2018-08-17
- PREFER and neuromuscular disorders 2018-06-27
- Whose preferences are we collecting? 2018-06-26
PREFER on twitter
- PREFER and @IMI_PARADIGM will work together to benefit #patients. Find out how! https://bit.ly/2CQGuTf #patientengagement #patientempowerment @IMI_JU @EU_H2020 @EFPIApic.twitter.com/jK3iVQwv3P 2018-09-13 13:56
- Want to find out why and how we do what we do? Read about the PREFER approach to identifying #methods for eliciting patient #preferences? Fulltext provided through green #openaccess. Download pdf at https://bit.ly/2DgWaiP #openscience @IMI_JUpic.twitter.com/EFRseR1NlK 2018-09-20 13:23
We are developing evidence-based recommendations to guide industry, regulatory authorities, HTA bodies, reimbursement agencies, and health care professionals. We start with work to assess methodologies. After that, we test them in clinical case studies. This work will be the basis for the recommendations we make.
Together with stakeholders
PREFER is a public-private partnership with collaboration at every level, making sure we get more than one perspective on everything we do. We have stakeholder partners from Health Technology Assessment bodies and patient organisations. We are also working closely with regulators to ensure recommendations are evidence based, relevant and useful.
Finding out what patients prefer
Patient Preferences in Benefit-Risk Assessments during the Drug Life Cycle (PREFER) is a five year public-private research project where academic researchers, HTA, patient organisations, and the pharmaceutical industry work together to find out when and where patients want, can, and should be involved in drug development.
We are looking forward to sharing our findings with you!
Mats G. Hansson, Uppsala University, Coordinator
Conny Berlin, Novartis, Project Leader
Innovative Medicines Initiative
PREFER is funded by the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI): a part of the EU Horizon 2020 Programme.
The academic research in PREFER is funded by Horizon 2020: the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.
The pharmaceutical industry contributes equally to the PREFER project. Industry input to the IMI programme is organised by EFPIA.